twitter instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Sunday 22 June 2014

Salted Caramel Brownie Whoopies

Had my first go at making caramel this weekend! 
Here was the result: Salted Caramel Brownie Whoopies! YUM!!!!


I used this Donna Hay recipe as a guide.

**BUT**
It's wise to note:

For those poor on time (as we were), I'm all for using a packet brownie mix! Betty Crocker was the choice for this occasion. We simply baked the mix in a thin layer, for half the recommended cooking time to allow for the change in thickness.
Once cooked and cooled, we then took a cookie cutter and went ahead and cut the shapes out, ready for frosting.



Frosting wise, the caramel recipe calls for pouring cream to be used - I think this made the consistency a bit too runny though, so next time I will be using double cream. Still yum however!
TIP: don't overbeat your frosting when it comes to the final steps - it may split!
I would also recommend incorporating the salt into the mix after adding the cream - so it can melt through rather than sprinkle at the end (tastes better!)

Enjoy :)

J x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme