twitter instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Sunday 9 April 2017

The dealio with Audible


I love reading.
I used to read a book a week, sometimes more. But the older I get, the harder it is to find time to sit and devour a story the way I want to.

I had heard about Audible from a couple of colleagues in the past but never knew if listening to a book would be as satisfying as actually reading it. I love podcasts, but this was different somehow as an audiobook. Nothing will beat the feeling of stopping for a moment and taking in prose, and don't even get me started on the smell of paper! One of my all-time favourite smells (yes I am weird, I know).

I'll be honest - If Social Soup hadn't given me the opportunity to try Audible, I probably would not have given it a shot. I am sooo glad I did though!
The team sets you up with 3 books-worth of credits which is great to test the waters. I ended up choosing a biography, a chick lit, and a dystopian sci-fi. Awesome way to start as I am indecisive as can be - so I can switch between if I need to.

As skeptical as I was, I found myself using the app on during my commutes, during makeup sessions, nail polish sessions, even cleaning sessions. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to pick up where I left off and continue the story. I'm especially looking forward to using this for travel (helloooo 15 hour flight to the USA)

If you're like me and love to try before you buy, you can test the waters for a month FREE of charge. Just head on over to the Audible website, sign up and you're good to go.

Love the convenience of this - but don't be surprised if you still find me with my nose in a trusty paperback every now and then :)

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme