twitter instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Thursday 27 February 2014

Fingr'rs Nail Makeup Review

I was fortunate enough to be sent a few nail products by the kind people at Fing'rs Australia via a social networking competition (yay, thank you!).

These goodies arrived for me promptly, and needless to say I was excited! I am a self confessed nail product addict and I love delving into anything fun and creative to make life a little more interesting in the nail department.
This afternoon I decided to change things up on my tired, chipped, post-holiday polish and give the brightest, most eye-catching Fing'rs product in my stash a go.



Introducing Fing'rs Nail Makeup.
22 ready to stick, pre-designed decals, that according to Fing'rs makes it "easy to swap out and change your designs instantly". 
These babies retail at $9.99 AUD.


The first thing you need to be aware of is that these are decals. In other words, stickers, designed for temporary wear and easy removal. So you aren't going to get the same result as using a nail polish strip or transfer (eg. Sally Hansen or Revlon).

Regardless, I found the stickers to be made of quite a durable material that I am guessing will probably last longer than expected. So kudos in the durability department!
The design that I received is called Hollywood and I love it! But if you aren't pink-crazy like me, they do have quite a few others to select from.

Application was easy enough, very similar to the application you would need to do for a nail polish strip (peel strip off, place onto nail, file excess off).
 As well as being durable however, being made from plastic rather than polish does have its limitations, and I found this to be the case during application - there is hardly any room for adjustment (eg. stretching out the strip like you can with polish strips) and filing the ends off was kinda tricky. 

Overall, I would say these are a cute and fun way to brighten up those fingertips of yours, but don't be expecting the same quality and result as a nail polish strip. Nail polish strips seem easier to work with to me, last a couple of weeks, and have a more professional finish.
For what they are though (a temporary and removable sticker decal), they do a great job and I expect it to last at least 2 days which is pretty good if that's what you're after.
I would probably recommend these to parents as a gift for younger girls who are just beginning to take interest into beauty and nail products. These Nail Makeup strips are just as bright and colourful, take less time to apply than liquid polish + no dry time, they look just about the same as polish, but you have the freedom to simply peel off  if a change is wanted or boredom occurs (and what tween doesn't want constant change and excitement these days?).

I would purchase these again, mostly because I'd love to try out a couple more of the cute designs available. I think these would be great to use on accent nails as well, because they're so easy to apply and give that little something extra to your manicure.
If you would like more information on the fantastic work Fing'rs are doing to encourage us all to beautify our nails, then head on over HERE.


Fing'rs Nail Makeup - great end result


J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme