twitter instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Oreo Cheesecake Truffle Balls


I never resist chocolate, and if I ever do, you know that something is wrong.


Good enough for me!
Source: Google


I came across the picture above a couple of days ago and I couldn't help but laugh! Any excuse will do when it comes to chocolate! In moderation... plus extra ;)

Every chocolate lover has a favourite, and I thought I'd share a recipe that has become highly requested from me by friends/family/colleagues over the last couple of years, involving a world-wide favourite: OREOS!!!
I was so excited to find this recipe for Oreo Truffle Balls online. Over a couple of years, I have tweaked it to my own preferences, but it is seriously so easy to make that you could add/deduct whatever you want and it would probably still taste as good. The next time I make them, I'd like to experiment with textures a bit more (e.g. add some bigger chunks of oreo into the batter), but for now, enjoy my current recipe!

Let me know if you give it a go, and if your alterations were a hit or miss :)


My Oreo Cheesecake Truffle Balls 



INGREDIENTS

2x 150g packet of Oreos
250g of cream cheese (I use Philadelphia)
Dark/White/Milk chocolate for topping or
Desiccated coconut


METHOD

Crush Oreos (you do not need to take the cream filling out, use all of it) in a food processor until it comes out as crumbs  
- Soften cream cheese and combine with crushed Oreos using mixer (make sure cheese is softened, otherwise it's harder to mix together)
- Take portions of the combined mixture and roll into balls (these balls are pretty rich so bite sized is best, probably just a bit bigger than a Malteser would do)
- Place balls on a baking paper or aluminium foil-lined tray and put into the fridge for an hour or so
- Melt whichever chocolate you chose as topping, and dip the balls in (use toothpicks to make it easier). If you want an extra design, after dipping in the first chocolate, put the balls back in the fridge for 15mins to set. Then melt white chocolate or an alternating coloured chocolate, and use a fork to create a streaky decoration
For coconut covered ones, you do not need to put balls in fridge for an hour first - just simply roll them in coconut straight after rolling into balls
- Once you are happy with the design, put it all in the fridge for another hour or overnight to ensure they are set

ENJOY!!!



J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme