twitter instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Monday 20 April 2015

Bittersweet - D&M

Source

Tumultuous times can bring the biggest lessons.
We don't often understand why events occur, or we don't want to.

I feel like there is so much noise and clutter that results when something tough happens, and we can get so overwhelmed with emotions. Whether you experience anxiety or not, it is never easy to make sense of the cards life deals us, alone.

I'm lucky. I have a select few people in my life that will force me to see things in a different perspective. Even when I don't want to. Even when it seems impossible.
They take my mess, and help me find a meaning for why the mess occurred. 

Life isn't always fair. There are so many things we wish we could change. But I'm grateful for the people that show me that hope exists, regardless of the extremity of mess. Regardless of how impossible the situation. You cannot replace the level of care it takes to do that for a person, and I will never take it for granted.


One of the things I have learnt the hard way recently:
We cannot shut people out.
If you're on a train, never let someone ride with you, unless you intend on explaining the sights along the way. Talk about it. Regardless of how daunting the mess is outside the window, be open to communication.
And if you decide to get off, do not leave that person on that train without an explanation. Don't wait until it's too late.

And, harder still, this:
Relationships - romantic, friendly or a simple interaction - exist for one of two reasons:
To fulfil you. Or to teach you.
Whether you win, and ultimately get what you wanted.
Or you lose, and are left to sort through the mess & find meaning for it.
As hard as it is to accept, "to love and to lose" is the next best thing.

People come into your life for a reason. I have always hated this saying. When mess occurs, you hear it from anyone and everyone. It becomes hard to believe.
I still struggle, but it is something I am slowly learning to accept, with help from people that care.
No matter how messy the situation, there is something to be learnt from all who come and go.
A bittersweet exchange.

Whether it's to remind you not to make the same mistakes over again, whether it's to show you that you are worth more than you thought, or whether it's to help you realise how you should be treated.
Whatever it is, the next best thing to fulfilment, the next best thing to winning, is a lesson learnt.


To those without people to push them to find silver linings in life-mess, I say this:
You are not alone. Take what you can from what you've got.
Even if you find one small, seemingly insignificant lesson from the situation, take it. Be grateful for it. Grow from it. Let it influence you, teach you, and give you strength.
Let it be a reminder that your story isn't over yet.

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme